We are excited to announce our newest addition to the wooden jigsaw puzzle collection – the Space Cat Puzzle. This puzzle features an adorable illustration of a cat in space, wearing a space suit without a helmet, and is available in six different sizes to suit both kids and adults. But have you ever wondered what it would be like for a real cat to venture into space?
The First Cat in Space
On October 18, 1963, a French cat named Félicette became the first and only cat to ever journey into space. Félicette was sent into space as part of a research mission to study the effects of microgravity on living beings. Fortunately, Félicette returned safely to Earth and was studied by scientists to further understand the effects of space travel.
Can Cats Live in Space?
While Félicette’s mission proved that cats can survive short trips into space, it is not yet known if cats could live in space long-term. The lack of gravity, radiation exposure, and other factors make it unlikely that cats or any other animals could thrive in space without significant technological advancements.
Satellites in Space
Did you know that there are currently over 2,800 active satellites orbiting Earth? These satellites are used for a variety of purposes, including communication, weather monitoring, and navigation.
How Long Does it Take to Get to Space?
The amount of time it takes to reach space depends on the altitude of the spacecraft. It typically takes about 8 minutes to reach low Earth orbit, which is around 100 miles above the Earth’s surface. However, it can take several months to reach the moon, which is around 238,900 miles away.
How Much Does it Cost to Go to Space?
Currently, the cost of going to space varies widely depending on the mission and spacecraft used. However, it typically costs millions or even billions of dollars to launch a spacecraft and send it into orbit or beyond.
Some Space Cat Jokes
- Why don’t cats play poker in space? There’s no atmosphere!
- Why did the cat join the space program? To explore new catnip territories!
- What do you get when you cross a cat with a UFO? An unidentified fur object!
- Why don’t cats need spacesuits? They already have nine lives!
- How does a cat prepare for a space mission? It takes a paw before liftoff!
The Space Cat Puzzle is a fun and adorable addition to our animal puzzle collection. While cats may not be able to venture into space on their own, they will always hold a special place in our imaginations and hearts.
Space Cat Puzzle has all the great features that our wooden puzzles have:
- The puzzle comes in a premium wooden box with the artwork on the lid.
- The lid of the box can be used as a photo frame, as a special stand is included.
- Jigsaw puzzles are available in different piece amounts – for kids and adults.
- Sustainable wooden raw materials are used to make the puzzle.
- A wooden jigsaw puzzle makes a great gift for any occasion.
- Irregular Victorian laser-cut puzzle pieces for hours of enjoyment and fun.